Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Running again!

That's right. After five months of recovering, I'm back at it. It's been slow and annoying and I'm so frustrated with my loss of endurance, but I guess that's to be expected. I did a lot of hemming and hawing around what new shoes to try since I've never had a pair that didn't cause me pain of some sort (mainly in the form of blisters) and I ended up going with a pair of Asics GEL-Cumulus.






















So far I've not run more than 3.5 miles so I'm not sure how they'll do for long runs, but for short ones, so far they're winning. I feel bad for cheating on Brooks. We had a good run (no pun intended), but I had to move on. I've also been painfully reminded how much it sucks running in the humidity. Summer forecast: dog breath.















Luckily I've found a group of awesome girls to run with which makes it so much more fun and motivating. Also, they like food as much as I do. It's a match made in heaven.
My first run back...in downtown Raleigh!















And now, to brighten up your hump day:
Boing!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back to running! I bet it feels good after so long. also fun to find a great group to run with.

    ReplyDelete