Thursday, March 31, 2011

Things to think about Thursday

I found an app on my iPod Touch called WTFacts. I've spent WAY too much time going through the random facts on it, and thought quite a few were post-worthy. I've split them into categories, below. Enjoy!


EXPERIMENT-WORTHY

Mosquitoes are attracted to people who just ate bananas.
Who wants to be the guinea pig for this one?

Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backward.
"I may not be able to walk backward, but look,
I'm so pretty."



















All porcupines float in water
Get me a porcupine. Stat!

Chewing gum while peeling onions will prevent you from crying.
I don't believe it, but you better believe I'm going to try it.

If you keep a goldfish in a dark room it will eventually turn white.
Then technically wouldn't it then be a 'whitefish'?

It is possible to lead a cow up stairs, but not down.
"Oh crap."















No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven times.
Ummm...BUSTED!

THINGS I COULD HAVE GONE MY WHOLE LIFE WITHOUT KNOWING

The average human will eat an average of eight spiders while sleeping.
This reminds me of a show I saw once, where a boy was brought to the hospital with a cockroach in his ear. Great, now I'm going to be afraid to go to sleep. And I love sleep!


The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1.
I wonder if this is still true, with obesity on the rise in the U.S. And also, how did they find this out?

Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
 ...and commence heeby jeebies.


















RANDOM WONDERS

A one-day weather forecast requires about 10 billion math calculations.
...and they still can't get it right!

Fish cough.

Oysters can change genders back and forth.

The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.

















The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in his/her lifetime.
I bet I can beat that!

When the moon is directly over you, you weigh less.
You weigh less at the top of a mountain than at sea level.
I must find a doctor at the top of a mountain, under the moon.

In a year, the average person walks four miles making their bed.
Really? I would've guessed more like four hundred.



 And I leave you with one more to ponder.....





A whale's penis is called a 'Dork'.









 Yep, I went THERE! 




Happy Thursday!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Ok, WHAT is that guy doing with that uh, dork? Inspection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but I sure am glad I don't have to swim around with that thing attached to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Interesting!

    I'm completely disgusted by the fact that you supposedly do swallow bugs while sleeping. That is one instance where I firmly believe ignorance is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I must find a doctor at the top of a mountain, under the moon."

    Cracked. me. up.

    Also, gum does not help me with onion cutting. Sadtimes.

    ReplyDelete