Thursday, May 10, 2012

I may or may not be adopted

My new phone background.



















Yesterday I got back on my workout wagon. An hour on the elliptical and 15 minutes of weights and I feel so much better today! Since I have six family members coming in tonight to stay at the house, today's workout is going to be extremely detrimental to my sanity. As will Saturday's and Sunday's workouts. No one in my family works out so I'm pretty sure they all think I'm adopted. It's for everyone's good that I do it though.















My sister-in-law, Amanda, graduates with her Associate's degree in Nursing tomorrow, so I'm taking the day off work (that's also why all the family is coming into town). I don't think, when I graduated college with my Bachelor's degree, I got a big party, so I'm going to pretend the big party tomorrow night is also for me. That's normal, right?

When I graduated, my family was thinking this.















So, check this out.
TWO WEEKS!
















I finally have the majority of things on my to-do list complete and I have an appointment for a walk through of the house scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday morning. What I don't have is the money that I'll need for closing, as I don't know yet how much that will be. Thankfully, my mom has said they will help me out with it.

For those who don't know, I mentioned yesterday that I need to measure before I can buy a refrigerator. No, all refrigerators are not the same size! I swear to you, I'm not a huge idiot. I've done lots of research on the subject. I do lots of research before I freak out about such things. Usually.

One more thing that I have to share because it's just too awesome. I took an online survey yesterday and did a double-take when I got to this question.
I really wanted to click "other" but I couldn't decide what my "other" gender should be. I wasn't feeling clever yesterday.



6 comments:

  1. I like how they offer transgender so maybe other is for hermaphrodites? What a nice politically correct survey! I assume it wasn't from NC. Enjoy your day off and YOUR graduation party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, workouts will be detrimental to your sanity? I think you mean necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny:) Yes, that party tomorrow is for you too! Good luck surviving the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, when I looked at fridges I only saw two sizes. Maybe my Lowe's sucks. :)

    Your weekend sounds super fun. Maybe you'll need to go for a long run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure my whole family thinks I'm crazy for running, too. We saw lots of sizes when we looked (yeah, we had to buy a fridge for our rental house in CA). It was never an option for us before. I didn't realize there were super tiny apartment fridges, then like 15, 18, 20, 22 cu feet. I think we went with 18ish. That would drive me nuts to now know how much I needed for closing!

    And if you never got a graduation party, this can definitely be your graduation party too. Besides, BA trumps AA.

    ReplyDelete