Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Finally.

I'm a homeowner!

Signing the last of the paperwork!

Receiving the key to MY house!
As soon as the deal was done, Amanda and I headed over to the house to begin a full-scale cleaning. Soon after, my dad, brothers, and friend, Tom came over to install two ceiling fans for me. Saturday, the moving began.

My dad and half brother, Zeth, taking a break.

k-k-k-kitchen

master bedroom (Does this mean I'm the "master"?)

Being the neighborhood rebel by installing an American flag.

Jeremy, replacing smoke detector batteries.


My table-less dining room.



Guest bathroom

Master bathroom. Cleaning this room was a test of my gag reflex.

Didn't turn out too shabby.

Since taking these pictures, I've painted my front door and half the kitchen. Being able to grow six inches would really make painting much easier. Anyone know of a way I can do that?

I've also met a neighbor. Or, what I thought was a neighbor. I was taking Pippi for a walk yesterday and this dude with a little dog asked if it was ok if our dogs meet. I was hesitant, but Pippi didn't bite his face off. SCORE! Dude then asked if I just moved in and told me that, "this is actually my ex-wife's dog". Oh. Umm. Awesome? I'm glad I didn't tell him which house I moved into.

Today I'm exhausted, but I get to wake up a half hour later than I used to for work, and my drive to the bus lot is probably all of three miles. That's about 20 less miles than I'm used to. I'm looking forward to not having to fill my gas tank up once a week!







14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on officially being a homeowner! Your house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, even better that it's closer to work! So do you still have a ton to do? Why was it so dirty, the previous owner didn't have to clean it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! The house looks great! I think you could run to the bus stop and get in an extra 6 miles every day......just a thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they look at you funny when you asked to take pictures at the signing?

    I can't wait to see the finished product! Then again, we've been in our house for 2.5 years and it's still not finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish I had a shower at work and then I totally would run to the bus stop. No gas needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! The guy in the top pic looks thrilled to be having his picture taken:) Love it! You are now the master:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you! I don't envy all the work that goes with moving, unpacking and making the place yours but it is certainly worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is flying a flag a rebel thing to do? Everyone in my neighborhood has one out. Are we all rebels???

    Did that guy steal his ex wife's dog? Your new neighborhood sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! That is so exciting! I loved my first house, i still miss it.

    Yay for flying the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo, congrats! I'm pretty sure I have a spot for a flag, but I think there are rules about taking it down in bad weather and stuff, which is way too much work for me. Actually, I'm really too lazy to even go buy a flag and put it up. It's a crippling condition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the house. Such an exciting thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does the rest of your neighborhood fly the confederate flag? Congrats and can't wait to see what else you do with the place! :) Your new commute sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete