Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I would be the worst nurse ever

This morning I had a doctor appointment and instead of leaving myself enough time to eat breakfast and get everything done before the appointment, I left enough time to take care of Pippi and rush out the door. I had enough time to choke down a cup of yogurt and that's all. If you know me at all, you know a cup of yogurt for breakfast it just a tease.
My new obsession. Too bad I didn't get to taste it.
















So I'm sitting, waiting for the doctor for what seemed like forever, all the while listening to my stomach growl. I met with the nurse, then the doctor, then another doctor, then the nurse again, before the doctor came in to do the procedure/remove two moles. Even though I knew exactly what they were doing and felt no pain, I still knew what they were doing, and I could feel my heart rate rising/internal panic.


Beaker: the poster child of panic.



















By the time it was over with, I was nauseous and feeling shaky. I didn't really think anything of it until I was paying and things started to get fuzzy and black. I've given blood enough times to know what comes next and I really didn't want to pass out there and be stuck there for longer while they "monitored" me. After paying, I went to open the door and I was sure it was locked. I pushed and pulled and nothing. Thankfully someone was coming in just as I was leaving and they got the door for me. As soon as I got to my car I laid the seat down and after a few minutes I was fine.

The point of this post? (Yes, I have a point. Shut up). I don't know how nurses do it. I can't even think about a medical procedure being done to me without getting queasy, and I wasn't even watching! How in the WORLD do you do it?!

15 comments:

  1. Oh that oh so familiar feeling. I am surprised you made it to your car. I have little warning before I go black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I've had a ton of moles removed. If you don't require stitches, you aren't allowed to complain. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait...I don't believe I was complaining. Telling a story isn't complaining.

      Delete
  3. Your mind must take you there huh? I'm not squeaminsh at all. SHould've been a nurse I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have said you felt light headed to the nurse, usually they give you a granola bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hate that pass out feeling. I have done it at the dentist several times, and while giving blood. I work in the operating room and nothing there ever bugs me, just when it is done to me. glad you made it to your car okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple cinnamon Chobani? How did I miss that? I must find one and now. LOVE Chobani.

    I hate that feeling. Glad you were able to make it to your car to relax in comfort. I sure hope you got to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1: Chobani rocks
    2: Just had about 10 moles removed myself, had to go back in for excision on 4 of them. Sucks. Skin cancer SUCKS.
    3: If we were all nurses then who would be the patient?
    4: If you had fell down at the door it would have made the story more dramatic. Next time consider telling a fib in your story for dramatic flair. Just sayin.
    5: I'm glad you didn't fall down.

    You favorite nurse (just go with it, we'll pretend it's true. I am a nurse, I'm going to believe I'm your favorite.)
    Ronna :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. My job would make you cry. Actually, I almost went to nursing school and then almost medical school, but you have to like people to work in healthcare and I don't. That's the same reason I didn't go to vet school (pet owners). I like medical stuff, just not patients.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apparently, I need to try Chobani.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am exactly the same way. I flip out getting dental work or anything done even if I can't feel a thing. I can't watch it on TV. Eric makes fun of me because I flip out and demand he change the channel even if they are not SHOWING anything, but if there is the implication of something like that going on. I have no idea how nurses or doctors do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only felt this way once and it was after giving blood. Thank goodness you felt ok pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete