Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Don't give up, punk.

I'm getting to the point at work where I need a vacation. There is someone I work with who is being way too anxious about everything and it's really starting to wear me down. Unfortunately, the best I can really hope for at this point is a "staycation" since everything else costs money, but that just sounds super boring.


















I've decided, instead, that I'm going to put a ton of focus into running. Running and training the dog. Rough day? Put in some miles. Only have 20 minutes to spare? Run two miles. I really really want Hartford to be awesome, and the only way that's going to happen is if I focus on training better. I haven't been setting my alarm at all, for long runs OR short runs, but I want to change that. Saturdays are meant for taking a nap in the afternoon anyway, right?

I finally ordered my updated RoadID, with an updated message...to me. Also, a message I'd like to extend to anyone finding my lifeless body on the side of the road.

If you really want to know my blood type or my brother and SIL's phone numbers,
you'll have to come find me.



















Yesterday some more motivation landed on my doorstep.
Ofcourse I'd choose the purple ones.


















I received them as part of the Mizuno Mezamashii project and I hope they perform awesomely. And not just because I've always loved the Mizuno logo. They are the Wave Rider 15s so maybe they'll make me feel like I'm on a vacation at the beach. That's really all I ask for in a running shoe.

On a side note, the firefighters came back yesterday morning.

The best shot I could get from my bedroom window. I'm
such a stalker.























This is the third time in a week they've come down our street, knocking on random doors in full firefighter gear, in no particular hurry. Those people standing in front of the fire engine, just chillin? Those are my neighbors who are also firefighters. I'm beginning to think the guys on duty get bored so they just come by to hang out.


What quote do you have on your RoadID? I just assume everyone who runs has one.

Have you ever had a good time on Staycation? If so, what did you do?

6 comments:

  1. Staycation is my favorite thing to do over spring break. It's amazing. I don't have a quote on my road ID, because I shouldn't be reading my shoes while I'm running. How did your first run with the Mizunos go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike and I are going to take a staycation later and go to six flags. It's going to be awesome.

    My road ID says "that's what she said." I can't find it, though, so that's super helpful.

    You haven't been setting your alarm to run? Are you hoping divine intervention wakes you up to run? That'll never work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staycations can be fun if you get a chance to do local stuff you otherwise don't have time to check out! We do a lot of staycations with the kid and it's more fun to stay home where she sleeps well and just do fun stuff around here.

    I think you'll enjoy running a whole lot more if you stop going in the afternoon (i.e. hottest part of the day in the hottest TIME of the year) All the cool kids run early in the day or later when the sun is setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should probably get a RoadID, but I'm cheap. Also, I can't think of a good pithy phrase. And I think your hypothesis about the fire truck is probably dead on. At least you know they are right there if you need them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. how is everyone getting free shoes from mizuno? I want free shoes. wah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Sarah - I should get a RoadID, but I'm cheap.

    Congrats on the free shoes!

    ReplyDelete