Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ten minutes

I have severely failed at blogging recently and I could throw out a bunch of excuses, but that's just lame. Instead, I'll take the ten minutes I have before I leave work to go for a run  and then hurry back home to shower before Pippi and I head to our puppy training class, to tell you a few random things.


1. ADT keeps sending me mail advertising their security systems. Not only is it kind of amusing seeing as I live in one of the smallest houses in the neighborhood, but I've already got a security system and it's called Pippi. STEP OFF ADT!

Or just get a vicious-sounding dog

















2. This morning I started working on getting Pippi to poop on command. Apparently it can be done. I like to think the neighbors all think I'm the strangest person ever, walking my dog with a treat bag and a clicker attached to my pants waist, shaming my dog into pooping.


3. I also found out today that cats can be trained. In a meeting this morning, my boss told us, out of the blue, "You know I trained my cat to use the toilet, right?" I had no idea such a thing was possible!

I wonder if it's possible to teach a dog to do this...















4. In the past week I've probably made 200 Noodle Huggers™ and I'm not sick of it yet.

I am in desperate need of someone to make me a sewing table.























5. I have tablecloths hanging from my wall.

And you wouldn't even know it.























6. This past Saturday I got up at 5 am on Saturday morning to go for a run before it got ridiculously hot out. That's the earliest Saturday morning I've ever gotten up to run. I hope to make it a habit.


Have you ever taught a pet to do something not normal?

What time do you get up on the weekend for a long run?

10 comments:

  1. Having a security system is actually a pretty good idea, especially since you have an end unit. We have one and we have the smallest model of house in the neighborhood and a loud dog! When we go out of town and the dog goes to the kennel, it's nice to know it's there.

    Uh, why don't you use the kitchen table for sewing instead of a low ottoman? I'm no genius, but that seems like an easy solution haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Anne taught her cat to use the toilet. So much cleaner than a litter box.

    Bungee goes to the bathroom on command. It's a handy trick when you're trying to rush out of the house.

    You should check out craigslist for a table to use for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom shows her dogs, and I trained and showed dogs as a kid. I taught my childhood dog to poop on command, jump and climb agility obstacles, hold food on his head (loooong before food on dog became cool), to use escalators and other stuff. That clicker is magic.

    I've started doing my long runs midweek. That way, I HAVE to get up in time to do them before work and I beat the heat. I don't do early Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love having dogs as security systems! It also helps that I live next door to a cop:) Yay for noodlehuggers! If I could make a cat go in the toilet I would get one. I miss my kitty. Way to get an early run in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I used to have that shower curtain in the cat pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've taught charlie how to do a circus dance for a treat. Or maybe it's what all cats do for treats. either way, it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to teach the cat to crap in the toilet, but I'm pretty sure he'd just crap on my pillow to teach me a lesson for screwing with him. I hate that cat. Anyways, I have to be up at 4 AM to make my long runs with my group this summer. It blows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get up at 5am for my long runs on Saturday.
    I kind of want a security system despite the big dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I married a big black guy for my security system. Foolproof.

    ReplyDelete