Friday, July 6, 2012

Hope and homework

So you know those vegetables I cut up for the 4th of July celebration? Yeah, I forgot them at home. I currently have a fridge full of Ziploc bags with cut up vegetables in them and a container of veggie dip. Want some?

No, the Cool Whip isn't for the veggies.


















I did spend the day with my friends and their 7-year-old nephew and this little lady.























Remember the days of bouncing around the living room naked with a fountain ponytail? I wanted to attempt it, but I don't think It'd be half this cute.


Last night Pippi and I started our obedience classes. It was nice to see she wasn't the only one with issues with manners. At introduction time, Instructor Ryan wanted to know what kinds of things each dog needed to work on and when I went down our list of issues, he kept saying "that's easy." Ryan gave me hope...and homework.

This is my new best friend.























How has Hartford training been going? Yeah, not well. I spent the fourth of July being dizzy and then yesterday started out dizzy and ended with a migraine. It's a good thing my training plan allows two rest days a week. I'm still feeling iffy today, but hopefully this evening when I head out for a run, my head will be back to normal. It's been a really long time since I've had a migraine and I was sort of hoping I "grew out" of them. Yeah, apparently that's not actually a thing. I had no Excedrin or caffeinated beverages in the house, so I ate some coffee ice cream instead. It ended up doing nothing for the migraine, but it sure was delicious.

If you're training for a race, I hope you've been having a better week than me. What's on tap for the weekend (besides a long run)?



5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and Pippi!!

    Your fridge looks scarily empty. Please tell me that shot is an allusion.

    Have you gone back to the doc about being dizzy? I've sort of just resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to get dizzy on longer runs, so I just pep talk my way through it and make sure I have someone to run with me in case I fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So for those of us non-dog owners, that thing in your hand is....what?

    Sorry to hear about your dizzyness! Training has nowhere to go but up now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a clicker, Alyssa. You use it to train them. We failed at it but still have awesome dogs.

    Sorry about the migraines. You'll hate me (and now I will get one) but I was getting them for a while and then they started getting better. I get them rarely now - thankfully! I hope that happens for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee ice cream doesn't have caffeine. Durrr.

    So, "Instructor Ryan" huh? Are you asking for extra homework already from dreamy Ryan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will sounds insane, but you could try Gatorade/Powerade/Nuun/etc for a migraine. It works surprisingly well. The best thing I've found is Zippfizz (electrolytes and caffeine), but I'm not willing to pay $1-2 a tube for that stuff. I'd rather suffer in my cheapness.

    I want more info on this dreamy Instructor Ryan!

    ReplyDelete