Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Who needs real food?

For some reason lately I wake up with an upset stomach and end up forcing myself to eat during the day because I have no appetite. (No, there is no way that I'm pregnant so you can just save your breath on that one). Normally I'm one of those people who is hungry all the time and my friends know they must feed me or I'll be a crank. Not this week. I have no clue what the deal is. I'm just going to blame it on the heat.

I've found only one thing that sounds remotely palatable. The good news? It's super cheap. The bad news? It's not exactly healthy, and for someone like me who needs to control their sodium intake, it's a very poor choice.


Come to mama.



















Two things: There are NEVER that many "vegetables" in it and also, can we really call them vegetables in this form?

Because I know it has absolutely no nutritional value, I've not eaten it on a daily basis, but lately this is pretty much like someone shoving a piece of cake in my face. SO GOOOOD. And this is coming from someone who ate so much ramen their first year in college, they couldn't stand to even smell the stuff until a couple years ago.

As for the stomach weirdness, I'm not sure what's up but I'm pretty sure, like most ailments that find me, it will go away on its own soon. But the silver lining is, if it doesn't, I'm going to save a ton of money on groceries!

Do you have a go-to food for when you're feeling 'off'?



8 comments:

  1. If the ramen helps settle your stomach, why not eat it everyday? It's better than nothing! There is no shame in a ramen breakfast...well, a little shame but it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it is the heat. That always gets to me too. Hope you feel better soon and I say eat whatever you can get down:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ramen is all you can eat but you haven't had it every day? What do you do otherwise, just choke down some food? I'm quite mystified, I've never experienced this. I've also never had ramen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freak. How did you go to college and never eat ramen?

      Delete
    2. I worked as a waitress and at Starbucks. I ate a lot of onion rings and pastries instead.

      Delete
  4. Seriously, I'm with Kara, if that's all that's good, go for it. Then just chug a ton of water to level out the sodium issue.

    Also, maybe talk to a doctor??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate Ramen twice a day every day for two weeks after getting my upper airways completely remodeled. Of course, I hate vegetables, so I ate the kind that came in the bag. If it's all you can eat, it's better than nothing. As a side note, Ramen is an excellent hangover treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This could really come in handy in the next two weeks for me.

      Delete