Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's a good thing she's adorable

Today I'd like to start off with a story. Because sometimes stories are fun, right?

Remember back when I adopted this adorable puppy?













She is adorable, right? Well, it's a good thing she's adorable because this morning I kind of wanted to sell her.

You see, ever since I got her, I've been bringing her in the bathroom when I shower. I bring in a toy for her to play with and every now and then she'll pop her head past the shower curtain just to say, "hey, I'm still here." Recently she destroyed the bath mat and has discovered the wonders of the trash can, but really, that's minor compared to the other things she could do around the house.

This morning when I got up to get in the shower, she was lying on the bed looking at me like, "P-p-p-pleeease let me just stay in bed?" She looked all comfy and I was jealous, so I didn't make her come into the bathroom with me. Right about the time I was rinsing off and getting ready to get out of the shower, I heard a crash. Since no one else was awake in the house, I knew exactly what it was. She was trying to get to my coffee cup on the nightstand and knocked something over. (Lately she's discovered she likes coffee and, on more than one occasion when I turn my back, she starts drinking out of my cup).

I took a deep breath and opened up the bathroom door. What did I find?
The only things that are in their original places are the
green basket between the nightstand and bed and my
flip flops.























....and puppy was nowhere to be found. (Things fell behind the nightstand, too). Upon assessing the damage, I found that the lamp is now broken and there are little glass shards in my carpet (yay!), the rest of the coffee that was in the mug (the maroon thing at the mouth of the trash can) was spilled on the carpet, she had fun with the contents of my trash can, and my phone was in two pieces.

And she knew she was in trouble. After I finally coaxed her back into the room, I get this look:
Sorry Momma, I just wanted my morning cuppa joe.














It's a good thing she's adorable.

Yesterday when I got home, I was greeted by her and her cousin, Rocco.
Just in case you forgot what they look like.


















As usual, they jumped on me, licked me, and were generally out-of-control for five minutes, and then Pippi did something she's never done before. She jumped onto the table. I'm not talking just her front paws like she normally does. She was standing on the kitchen table. Now, this is a dog who was unable to jump onto my bed or tackle stairs when I first got her. After laughing at her and putting her back onto the floor, I went up and told my brother and sister-in-law what she did. We had a good laugh, said hello, etc.

I asked them if she was good during the day (they were both home yesterday). They said yes and that they were trying to teach Pippi to jump into the bed of my brother's truck.
This is the size of my brother's truck, except with bigger tires












Ahh...the truth is revealed! Gee, I wonder why she thinks she can jump onto the kitchen table now.

I gotta get my own place.



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Ha, Pippi is going to be a terror if she figures out jumping too well! Yesterday Delilah dumped salsa all over a stack of books and the carpet. Dogs are evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I've had many moments like that with Bungee. Is Pippi still a puppy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut will stand all four paws on the end table. Such an odd dog.

    With those ears, Pippi can get away with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this cracks me up! My little cats are pretty skilled at jumping a good 8 feet (seriously) onto my closet, and then jumping down on me when I sleep. Really fun to wake up like that at 2 am.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dog Leo is far too grumpy to want to jump on anything. He gets an extra treat when I get home for not stealing my coffee haha

    ReplyDelete