Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cheater cheater, ice cream eater

Yesterday I started out with great intentions to stick to the post-vacation "diet". Here is a rundown:


Breakfast:
  • Brown rice (leftover from Monday night's dinner), with almond milk and raisins, heated.
  • 1.5 cups of coffee
I decided that I like oatmeal much better for breakfast than rice, but I wanted to try it.




 Lunch:
  • Salad: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, peas, yellow pepper
  • Small can of tuna (eaten on top of the salad)







 Dinner (after a tough, but good gym workout):
  • Tilapia (left over from Monday's dinner), with lemon on top
  • Glass of Pinot Grigio
  • Quinoa (made with chicken broth) mixed with peas, broccoli, and carrots
 I brought half of the leftover quinoa mix for lunch today.



 I also had a few snacks during the day:

  • A banana
  • An orange
  • A handful of almonds



And then, I fell off "the wagon" not once, but TWICE yesterday! (I know I know. I hang my head in shame).


First, I was starving around 2pm and I had no 1-2 ingredient snacks left. The Balance bar in my drawer was burning a hole in me, so I gave in.

I was so hungry, I couldn't even wait until after I took the
picture to open it.












And now comes the after-dinner cheat-fest....ice cream. I've mentioned before how I'm obsessed with the Skinny Cow ice cream cups. Well, this one was burning a hole in me from the freezer. (And I'm not talking about freezer burn).

170 calories
3 grams of fat
4 grams of fiber
100% cravable
















And of course, during the day I also drank tons of water, as usual.



So there it is...I'm a cheater.

Giuliana would be so disappointed.













Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. One time I had brown rice for breakfast and my husband acting like I ate a bowl of ants or something. "Did you eat RICE for breakfast??" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I don't think you should be too ashamed about those "cheats"...believe me, they could have been much worse. And you're right, the rest of your meals were totally healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Megan :) I know they weren't exactly "cheats", but they are, according to the plan I'm trying to stick to: eating only foods with one or two ingredients (for just a week. I lasted a day :)

    ReplyDelete