Saturday, March 12, 2011

Review: Workout DVD day 3

Later this morning, I will be doing :


Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism










This one is a pretty good full-body workout, although as with the rest of the DVDs I have (and after taking kickboxing classes), I find most of the cardio a little slow, especially the kickboxing portions. I usually just go at a faster pace for these sections and switch when they switch. After doing this one, you will be sweaty (at least I always am, but to be fair, i sweat a LOT. So maybe you won't be sweaty. But you'll at least be tired).

This is a 50-minute DVD, including a warm-up and cool-down. There is no use of weights other than your own body weight. I believe this is the only workout DVD I own that is like this. Even so, you will be sore the next day. I'm always sore in the backs of my thighs the next day and I can't figure out which of the moves it's from.

As you know, there are things about JM that I find aggravating, and one option I'd love for this DVD to have is a way to hear her tell you what exercise is coming, but to block out all her idiotic sayings:
  • "We're not even close to halfway done."
    (thanks, jerk)
  • "If you were born like this, i'll have to kill you. I'm going to jump you in the parking lot."
    (Aren't death threats of any kind a no-no in workout DVDs)
  • "I expect emails if you aren't feeling the pain on this one."
    (On a not-particularly difficult part. I thought about emailing her, but then I realized she never gave out her personal email address.)
  • "You should be close to death, this is so hard."
    (Again with the death threats. Chill, woman.)
Probably the only positive saying that I can recall:
  • "You have no idea how strong you are until you try."
    (So true!)
 My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment