Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: Workout DVD day 4


 My review of Women's Health: Ultimate Fat Burn!:

I have been diligently doing this DVD off-and-on for probably three years now. The first time I did it, I had a hard time walking up stairs for the next three days. Now? It's my go-to workout for days when I just don't feel like working out, because it's a cake-walk (and don't even get me started on the way-too-short cardio sections).

I really like the trainer for these DVDs, Amy Dixon. (She also did this one and this one.) Even though her workouts are lacking a bit for advanced persons, she's far less annoying than Jillian. As far as I can remember, she is always motivating and never throws out death threats. Very refreshing. (she's also super cute and not scary). It is actually this DVD where my mantra, "Just live through it" came from. (If Jillian were doing this DVD, I can imagine she would have said, "Just live through it or I'll punch you").

This DVD has three sections: a warm-up, a cardio & strength section (broken up into four parts: strength, cardio, strength, cardio), and a cool-down. Even though it's a little too easy for me now, I do really like this DVD; I'm not sure what it is. I feel like it's just enough of a workout for those days (you know the ones). For a beginner, I definitely recommend this DVD. For an advanced person who feels like they need more after doing this one, I recommend following it up with more cardio and upper-body. I sometimes do this one and then the cardio and upper body from Women's Health: Total Workout in Ten and/or one of the cardio sections from The Biggest Loser: Cardio Max.

 All-in-all, my rating for this one is:




Also, more information on Amy Dixon in case you're interested: 


 www.amydixonfitness.com














Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I always think about trying workout dvds.....but never have yet.

    ReplyDelete