Thursday, March 10, 2011

Show-and-tell

I wanted to share a few of my paintings. I'm not a painter; not really. I actually began painting because I can't afford "real" art and I needed to put something on the walls of my office. I'd never had my own office before I got my current job, and an interior decorator, I am not.

I'm not a big fan of landscape or "realistic" paintings. I know, that sounds strange. I'm very much into abstract art; things two people can look at and both see something different. (Ok, I'll stop freaking you out with weirdo artist-speak now). Onto the goods:

(I apologize for the horrible lighting. I did the best I could to fix it in Photoshop, but my office and bedroom are very poorly lit and my office has an awful yellow hue that just can't be remedied in photos.)




Office painting #1
















Office painting #2
















Office painting #3














Bedroom painting

This one is my favorite and the colors are actually SO much nicer than in this picture.










This next one was a Christmas gift to my mom and stepdad. My mom wanted a triptych painting of clouds for above their bed, and so the challenge was on. The only problem? I wanted to make it abstract because, well, that's what I do :)

(Click on the images to see them larger)

In progress #1
In progress #2. This is when I realized it was not looking so
good, so I decided to tone down some of the colors
The finished painting. I wanted to get a picture of it on the wall
after mom and stepdad hung it in their room, but I forgot.

Hopefully I'll have the guts to feature some of my graphic design work soon!



Today's photo:
This was so me when I was a kid! If I had to get up to
use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'd leap as
far away from my bed as possible and run to the bathroom.
Once I was in bed, I had to have everything but my head
covered so the monsters couldn't eat my arms or my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment