And then my morning went like this: after breakfast and getting ready for work, I went to put on my monogram ring (one of my favorites and a gift from Amanda) and I couldn't find it. I searched maybe ten minutes before deciding to just sulk about it and put on a different ring, and so I did...and realized the monogram ring was already on my finger.
I then went downstairs to gather my things and head to work. I had to climb up on the counter to reach the only travel coffee mug left, in the back of the cabinet. I poured the coffee, got out the creamer, and knocked the mug of coffee all over the counter. I took it as a sign...
and let Starbucks make my coffee this morning. Meet my grandé skim peppermint latté. Yes, grandé. I just didn't think the tall was going to cut it this morning.
I've always been told that things happen in threes, so I spent the drive to work SURE I was going to hit a deer, or a person, or a telephone pole. But surprise surprise, none of the above ensued. Woo hoo! I was, however, asked by a coworker two doors down, via email, if I have a spoon. I did. And I was hoping I wasn't the butt of a joke and that she wasn't going to follow it up with..."wanna spoon with me?", or something equally as horrifying.
Anyhow, happy frickin Friday!! Onto the goods...
- The best prank I ever pulled was something lame; probably the time I helped my mom with a surprise birthday party for my stepdad. It was epic, but I'm not sure that it's a "prank". I've sort of sworn off of pranks ever since an unfortunate April Fool's joke in college (not done by me, but blamed on me) gone horribly wrong.
- The best prank ever pulled on me was again, this isn't exactly a "prank", but I'm not feeling very nostalgic today. When I won my award last week, my coworkers very slyly kept it a secret from me, which was awesome.
- A day without love from the dog is a day wasted.
- The most important things in life are relationships. All kinds of relationships. And purple. And peanut butter. And cookies.
- I dream of Genie! (no, not really.) I dream of all sorts of strange things. I'm not sure where most of my dreams come from and I wish I could dream of normal things, like flying purple unicorns.
- I dread getting up in the morning to go to work. I love my job, I just wish there were more hours between nighttime and morning time to get more sleep.
- A discovery I made this week was it's all right here. The days of referring to myself as a "dork" are definitely over.
And now, in honor of April Fools' Day, a prank that my stepdad said he and his siblings used to pull on each other when they were younger: Put a rubber band around the kitchen sink sprayer so that the trigger is engaged and when the unsuspecting victim turns on the water, it sprays at them. Video here (because it's just funnier to see it in action).