Is it really Friday or am I hallucinating? Because, dude, I've been waiting for this day since Monday morning. I'm not one to wish my life away, don't get me wrong, but this week...man, this week. I should have known it would be a doozy when, on Sunday evening, I was joking with my friend that "If I die this week, you get my purple chair and jewelry. Your hubby can have the Jeep. Your dog can have all my blankets". She just wanted my movie collection. At least my death will benefit someone. :-P
Happy wonderfullyawesomelyfantasic Friday! And now we've got some blanks to fill in...
- Something that makes me a great friend is I love my friends and do anything that I can for them. In turn, they make me feel like I'm not a huge weirdo, which I appreciate.
- I am obsessed with getting things done. If something needs to be done "in the next two days," I'll have it done in an hour so that I can play the rest of the time.
- I am not patient. Don't make me wait too long, or suffer the wrath (especially if the thing I'm waiting for is food).
- If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be thoughtful, un-sedentary (we can make up words, right?), and secretly-cynical.
- Something I'm really cheap about is spending money in general. I don't make much, so what I do make, I have to try to spread out. Most of my clothes are from the sale/clearance rack, Target, or an outlet store. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm cheap, but it's not my fault.
- Something I'm willing to splurge on is Starbucks and gym clothes. I only get Starbucks once a week or so, so I think it's OK to go for the fancy latté for $4, and I wear gym clothes most days of the week...over and over and over, so I definitely get my money's worth from them. (and cheap gym clothes aren't normally worth the reduced price).
- I would trade my baby toes for Summer year-round in a heartbeat. My baby toes are blister-prone and the little bit of patience I have has run out for dealing with it. I've contemplated having them chopped off more than once.
(courtesy of thelittlethingswedo)
So, remember how I've mentioned several times how challenging this week has been? This morning when I got to my office, there was something on my chair with a note on it. I figured it was yet another last-minute project, due yesterday, but on further inspection I realized it was
I vaguely remember a while ago discussing with my boss how, if I had the money, I'd get a subscription to REAL SIMPLE magazine. I guess she really was listening, AND she noticed how hard I worked this week, and bought me the latest issue to thank me. I mean, really, do I have the best boss ever, or what? (The answer is HELL YES, you do!) I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!
P.S. I just noticed one of the articles in the magazine is: "How to Stop Procrastinating—NOW". I know a few people I'd like to hand a photocopy of that article to.