Friday, July 29, 2011

Attack of the low blood sugar












I don't know about you, but when I get hungry, bad things happen. Amanda calls it "the little monster". I can't function, i can't think, I get shaky, and I'm physically incapable of being nice to anyone. If I'm ever pulled over while driving when the little monster is rearing its ugly head, I'll probably get ticketed for being drunk. I'm almost certain I wouldn't be able to pass the "walking in a straight line" test; at least not without throwing myself on the ground and having a temper tantrum first, until the cop throws me a donut (hehehe).

You know those Snickers commercials that say, "You're not yourself when you're hungry"? TOTALLY me!
(This is the best one. Betty White is awesome).


I don't understand people who don't eat breakfast. Whenever someone tells me they haven't eaten yet, and it's nearly lunchtime or later, I want to erupt with meanness. If there's anything I've learned in my 29 years, it's that my mom is (and was) always right. I don't know how she does it, but it's totally true. And did mom not tell us growing up that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"? That's cuz IT IS! Nothing would get done if I didn't eat breakfast...and my customary 2-3 morning snacks before lunch.

If I had to pick a meal that was my favorite, it would be breakfast hands-down. I literally think the only thing that makes me get out of bed to go to work in the morning is that morning meal. I've read that you should eat within the first thirty minutes of waking up to jump-start your metabolism. I'm no doctor, but it sounds good to me! Dinner is my least favorite meal. I'd rather just have some snacks. Snacks are my second favorite meal. As a whole. Snacks rule.











I guess what I'm trying to say is that I LOVE FOOOOOD. And I'm pretty sure that if I didn't eat...a lot...I'd have no friends, my family would have disowned me long ago, I'd be unemployed, and probably living in a cardboard box with no friends, and no dog. Because even a dog can't deal with "the little monster".

The majority of my friends and family act as if this is a strange phenomenon, like no one else in the world has this affliction when their blood sugar is low, which is really obnoxious.

Do you turn into a "little monster" when you're hungry?
...and I don't mean the fun, fluffy ones
created by Disney.













Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hypoglycemia is definitely a real thing. My entire family gets like that when we are hungry and it scares the crap out of my husband if we are with my family and go to long without eating. I also get incredibly motion sick when I'm hungry along with being all stabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get really emotional when hungry and angry. That's why we call it "hangry"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Kara's right, I totally get hangry! Once I was hangry at the grocery store and told Mike he shouldn't talk to me until we got home and ate because otherwise he might regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really bad "hanger" problems. Like if I am making dinner and I'm hangry, I'll just tell Eric that I am not going to talk until we eat because I know I can't be nice. I agree that most people act like this is weird. I actually told my family that when I visited them I would now be carrying granola bars because I can't do their whole "8 hours in between eating" plan. Hard to choose a favorite meal...breakfast and dinner might be in a tie. But I seriously love all eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you. I hate being hungry. I become a heinous person. Breakfast is something I can not live without. My husband doesn't eat until after 12pm. I don't get it at all!!! Eating breakfast for dinner is also one of my favs.

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete