Friday, July 1, 2011

Fill-in-the-blanks FRIDAY (and other stuff)

I'm feeling rather lazy today, so I'm filling in the blanks instead of coming up with a witty post. I feel like this week has been at least 8 days long, and this week, the puppy has decided to wake up in the middle of the night, every night. Last night I woke up to hear her chewing on something that didn't sound familiar. I turned on the light (at 2am) to see that she'd helped herself to the contents of my purse and was chewing on my Oakley sunglasses (arrgghh!!!!) Thankfully, I got to her before she did any damage. I would have been seriously pissed if she'd destroyed them.

This comes on the day after Rocco ransacked the house. Yesterday Amanda came home to find Rocco had destroyed another living room pillow, my kickboxing workout DVD, and Amanda's camera. Seriously. Couldn't he have destroyed something less near-and-dear, like those Beavis and Butthead DVDs my brother has, or that boring Bob Harper cardio DVD?

So, anyhow, I'm tired. I had a dream last night that I won $300 and I thought it was amazing because now I could purchase all the materials I need to start making things to sell on etsy! ... and then I woke up. I think I need a hug, or to punch something.

{Compliments of TheLittleThingsWeDo}


















  1. The best news I ever received was  probably when I got word that I got my job. I was dangerously close to having to move back to VA (due to "insufficient funds," and the news came right on time!

  2. Something I'm looking forward to is  going to the beach this weekend and spending a few days with my dad and grandparents. I really miss them all and I wish they could move closer (because there is no way I'm moving back to Northern VA!)
  3. Some things I would never do are  pierce my face, move to a place where I couldn't have a dog, show up to work naked.
  4. If I could choose someone to be my life coach (famous or not, living or dead), I'd choose my best friend, Erin, already has that title. If I ever start dating someone again, she's the one who must approve. My track record sucks bad.
  5. If I had to put a label on my style it would be  blank. Style? What's that? I march to the beat of my own drummer.
  6. One should always  wash their hands after using the restroom, no matter if it's #1 or #2, if you're male or female. Just do it. Don't try to reason with me why you shouldn't have to, guys. I once dated a guy who didn't have soap at the sink in his bathroom. We didn't date much longer after that.

  7.  I want to  take a nap, eat a muffin, not be at work, transport myself to the beach so I don't have to drive, win some money...


Last night the dogs were like tumbleweeds, flying around the living room. It was unreal how much energy they had, and they wanted to play right on top of us, literally. The couch is only so big.

















 ...and then there were a few stolen moments of calm, but then they were right back to it. I asked for advice on what my workout shall be today and Kara suggested taking Pippi for a run. I haven't done that yet, but after the shenanigans yesterday, I'll try anything to wear her out so I can sleep through the night!















 

 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. When Peanut was a puppy, I used to run or walk her for an hour a day to make her "livable"

    Also, I made her sleep in her crate because I got tired of 4:30am wake up calls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you broke off that relationship. Bathrooms are so telling. I once called my friend from a guy's bathroom and said "he has five kinds of hair gel and candles in here....what should I do?". We didn't date long after that either. My cousin has all these face piercings and it's like a car accident - it's horrific to see, but you can't look away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dogs. Rufus just ate a soup thermos a few minutes ago. Once Delilah ate a gold chain. At least the Oakleys are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs are ridiculous. This morning I put my vitamins and breakfast on the coffee table and walked back to the kitchen to get something. When I came back Bungee was chewing on something and I could figure out what it was because my food was untouched. Turns out she decided that since we put fish oil on her food ALL fish oil is hers. So she stole my capsules. Guess her coat will be extra shiny today.

    ReplyDelete