Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Cynical" doesn't begin to cut it

I thought we were playing hide-and-seek.























Guess who was up all night listening to her scratch and scratch because she's all itchy from getting tore up by all the underbrush in the woods. Have you ever gotten up at 1am to put Hydrocortisone cream on your dog's belly only to have her lick it all off? Oh, the licking. What's worse, the scratching or the licking? I just can't decide.

This is such a bad time to be giving up caffeine.

(Some background for those who don't know. She was let out again without a leash and ran into the woods. After about three hours of searching in the woods, in the dark, in the rain, in flip flops, tears streaming down my face, I finally found her out on the road soaking wet and scratched to hell.)

I'm glad she's home safe, but still pretty annoyed/angry/contemplating revenge really want to punch something.



Yesterday I was contemplating this awesome Groupon deal for a massage.

She is not digging deep enough!
















You could either get a 30-minute massage for $19 or a 60-minute massage for $32. It was a 2-day deal so I figured I could decide today if I wanted to do it or not. After last night, I was all set to get in today and buy the 60-minute massage. When I clicked on "Buy!", I got this:










For crying out loud! I guess being indecisive comes back to kick you hard in the face. I went ahead and got the 30-minute massage. I'm going for the deep tissue. I had a regular massage earlier this year and it was nice, but felt pansy-ish. I want to leave feeling like I was beaten up...in a good way.


Did anything awesomely un-awesome happen to you recently?

Why are dogs such jerks sometimes?

6 comments:

  1. You should blame your SIL not Pippi. Also, the licking is way worse than scratching. I send Bungee out of the room if she's licking.

    At least BOTH massages weren't sold out! :) silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor Pippi. But I agree, the licking is WAY worse than the scratching.
    I don't understand why dogs are such jerks sometimes. My dog went in the park this morning, stole another dogs ball and played keep away from me and the other dog for a good ten minutes before I was able to catch her. She was put on permanent lock down after that.
    Hope Pippi's itchiness goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhhh licking is worse. I can't stand to listen to that. My dogs will do that. One of them loves to get in the pond and the other hates it when he gets in there so he just licks all the water off of him....Such a pet peeve...Literally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor pup! And...poor you for having to deal with it all night, too. Bummer about the missed massage deal, at least the shorter one was still available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giving up caffeine?! I can't even fathom how I would function! At least you can still get a 30 min massage. I think I might be the only person who does not enjoy massages, especially deep ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a terrible human being, so I'd e-collar the little licker until she calmed down. And yes, I make the dog stop slurping his nuts when he does it in the same room as me. I think you should also consider e-collaring your SIL.

    ReplyDelete