Monday, October 10, 2011

The mistake that won't go away

Unfortunately, they keep coming back to haunt me!
















So I had a pretty awesome weekend, however one thing happened that's been taking over my brain and I want it to go away!

A few years ago, I was dating a guy that I really liked (and the feeling seemed mutual). It ended up being a long-distance thing. I'd get mixed messages from him talking about "when we get married..."  and then, "putting a ring on a girls' finger is suicide". Talk about an emotional roller-coaster. Oh and also, we never really put a title on the relationship. I'll never make that mistake again!

So anyhow, I had introduced him to my best friend, which is like, woah. I'm more afraid of introducing guys to her than to my parents! She liked him (which is also like woah) and ended up "friending" him on Facebook. Well, as all things with me and guys eventually do, it all went sour. I began to realize I wasn't being treated like I should and broke off communication. I also stopped following him on Facebook (duh). Since it was long distance and he wasn't trying to communicate with me on a regular basis anymore, I figured this was the best solution. Just move on.

How lovely it would be to just behead certain people.




















Fast forward to yesterday. I have decided to become a coupon person. I'm too poor not to, really. Instead of using my regular email addresses for coupon-related things, I've decided to use an old one that I had only used to communicate with the dude. This way I can just "delete all" when I get a bunch of coupon spam. Well, I hadn't gotten rid of all the emails with dude yet and was being taken back in time reading them while trying to delete them. (I can't "delete all" on my iPod, unfortunately). I told my friend what I was trying to do and her response was, "oh, he's definitely engaged. I saw it on Facebook".




















Wait wait wait a second. Did I ask for his relationship status? Did I want to know anything about him at this point? NO! In situations like this I prefer to live blissfully unaware. But noooOOoo. I just wanted to rewind the moment and not have said anything. But instead, I had all kinds of dreams about him last night. DAMMIT! If you have any ideas on how to make them go away, please share!

WARNING: If you or someone you know has any information about any guys that I've dated in the past, keep it to yourself. Or I may be forced to behead you.


"Momma I will always love you like I love the warm, sunny spot on the floor."



















I'm not a huge Carrie Underwood fan, but I do love the line in one of her songs that says,"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog." I'm pretty sure I repeated that song five times on my run on Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. Boys drool, girls rule. A 6 year old girl at the playground told me that yesterday. So true.

    That baby stink eye picture is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear. I'm totally with you - ignorance is BLISS. True, amazing bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, where did you find that angry baby? I hope I can get a picture like that of my baby because it is glorious! I don't blame you for being annoyed at your friend, there's no benefit in knowing information like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beheading pic. That guy sounds like a total loser, and he's probably marrying a freak. She sounds really fat too. His loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch a really scary movie, then you'll have dreams of murderers instead of bad boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the angry/skeptical baby. your friend was out of line, you didn't need to know what was new with that dude! Hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your weekend anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! :)

    Sounds like a bit of a rough time - hope your dreams go away!! That pic of the baby almost made me laugh out loud, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you mean you can't perform CPR like that? Dang it! That's what they had us doing in class. Those fools!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AGREED! I don't want to know what any guy I've dated is doing with his life. I have zero interest.

    ReplyDelete