Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tired like Friday

(This post isn't about how I'm tired, but I am tired. Like, getting out of bed this morning made me want to cry, tired. It's only Wednesday, right? :-/)

Since yesterday's workout, which was supposed to be a 4-mile run, turned into a gigantic fail, let's discuss creepy gym people. Always a fun subject.













After putting my things down to begin my workout yesterday, this dude walked past me barefoot. I actually did a double, triple, and quadruple take because I didn't actually believe that what I saw was actually what I saw. I think I almost gagged. Of ALL the places to walk around barefoot! A few minutes later I looked over and he was on the stationary bike....barefoot. When he left the gym, he was wearing bright red Crocs. So, he'll walk around the gym barefoot, where everyone's nastiness is just everywhere, but he won't walk outside to his car barefoot. No, because that would be gross.
Not only are they hideous, but apparently they have magical
germ-repelling powers.













And then there's this kid who is at the gym pretty much every afternoon that I'm there. He never does any cardio. He lifts weights and lifts weights and, well...lifts more weights. These people irk me. "I want to be strong, but die of a heart attack if I ever had to run away from something". This kid is sure to be a creeper when he gets older. He's probably five-feet tall, has a head full of blond, curly hair, has huge arm muscles which just look really out of place on someone of his stature, especially since he looks to be about 16 years old, and I can always feel him staring at me. Oh and he drives a motorcycle. Trying to compensate for something? Yeah, I'd say so.

What's the creepiest thing to happen to you at the gym?

And now, on another subject, I'd like to thank Kara and Kari (whose names are eerily similar) for being my first customers! When I got home from the gym, I made a couple more headbands and collars to replenish my stock, and wrapped up their orders to be mailed today. Exciting! I still can't bring myself to take one of the headbands for myself or one of the collars to Pippi. I'm very strict. So far, my farm animal design seems to be the favorite :)











I was wondering...anyone with a dog, are you (or would you) be interested in holiday-themed collars?

My mom was wondering if she could buy something and pay me some other way besides PayPal. I suppose I could make an exception for the woman who gave birth to me ;-)


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Holiday themed!? HECK YES!

    The kid you described, I'm imagining him like a blonde Carrot Top. Is that accurate?

    The creepiest thing I've seen at the gym? REALLY old ladies trying to talk to me/following me around while they're naked in the locker room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of holiday themed collars! Peanut wants a Ramadan one. :P

    I have seen creepy stuff at the gym. My favorite was always the old guys in jean shorts on the elliptical. Also, the butt watchers. You know, the ones who think you can't see them looking at your butt, like somehow running on the treadmill makes you blind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I am sooo tired, too!! C'mon Friday!! :)

    The best part about the gym is the people watching, for sure! What ever happened to cute gym guy?? Any more conversations? :)

    I can't wait until pay day to buy something...everything looks so cute I am not sure how I will choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. barefeet...NASTY!!!

    i hate the creepers who make comments while i'm on the treadmill with earphones in. really?! unnecessary :). it's ok, i usually fling sweat and/or spittle on them accidentally.
    Sam @ fitness food & faith (giveaway today!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still want holiday themed headbands! I'd love to have holiday cheer while running and those are perfect running headbands.

    ReplyDelete