Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HALF crazy

Well, you guys, it's official. I'm registered! February 18, 2012 I will run my first half marathon in Myrtle Beach, SC, one of my most favorite places on the planet.

Apparently it was necessary to note the location of the ocean in really big letters.


















I was looking at the maps for the other two races (full marathon and 5k) and found it funny that the word that came to my mind for the 5k route was "cute".

Don't you just want to snuggle it?


















And now, because I'm a Pinterest addict, I want to share with you all probably the most epically awesome thing I've ever found on Pinterest. No surprise, the subject is POOP!

Click the image to make it larger and to get the full
effect of its awesomeness.




































I'm still wrapping my head around the amount of training I'll be putting in the next four months to get up to 13 miles (and all the Winter running clothing I'll be needing). Let the fun begin!

10 comments:

  1. Half marathon training is fun!! I can't wait to read about it. Just think, now the 15K will be like nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Sounds like a fun race! You are so beyond the 5ks now..love that you called it cute, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I hope your first half goes better than mine did :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poop chart was funny! I need to show my husband because he will really appreciate it! The half is a tough distance but totally managable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it! You've already run 6-and-change miles right? Or maybe 7? 4 months is plenty of time. And when is your 15k that Kara mentioned? Never been to Myrtle Beach. My first half marathon was along the ocean too...but up along the Jersey Shore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa to your first half. Looks like it will be a nice course on the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, sucker! I can't wait until one of them talks you in to a marathon. Halfs are fun and you really will be pretty much trained for it with the 15K. Sidenote: I once drank civet poop coffee. It's like stupid expensive and honestly just tasted really bitter. I thought you'd want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most training plans only go up to 10, so really, you are almost there with the 15K. You are focused on the wrong thing though, think about all the eating you'll need to do to supplement all that running! We are going to have SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for your first half! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete