Since it's Friday and my brain is feeling lazy, I stole this idea from Sarah. Here are 16 things you never knew you wanted to know about me.
- What’s a nickname only your family calls you?
It used to be Emysue, but now I have friends who call me that, too. Maybe "Em". At home if someone calls me Emily, I've probably pissed them off in some way.
- What’s a weird habit of yours?
Just one?? I guess one is that I can't sit still. Meetings kill me a little inside. I find myself rocking back and forth in the chair. It's nearly impossible for me to just sit and watch a movie. I rarely ever make it all the way through without falling asleep or getting up to do something else.
- Do you have any weird phobias?
I'm totally afraid of the dark. One morning I got up to go for a run outside alone before work and chickened out big time. There's just too much wildlife in our neighborhood and with the lack of street lights, I just can't bring myself to do it.
- What’s a song you secretly love to blast and belt out when you’re alone?
Anything Nickelback, really. It's fun to yell-sing curse words and blame it on the music.
- What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
chewing with an open mouth, slow drivers in the fast lane, Drivers blasting headache-inducing bass, the sound of emptying the dishwasher, people who feed my dog. Oh, this said "one" pet peeve. I guess it's a good thing "people who don't follow directions" isn't on my list.
Notice who she begs from (not me!)...
- What’s one of your nervous habits?
I pick at my cuticles. It drives me nuts but I just can't stop! They don't make support groups for people like me.
- What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Whatever side Pippi isn't on.
- What was your first stuffed animal and its name?
Hang on real quick, let me call my mom and ask. (Seriously, who remembers that? I barely have enough room in my brain to remember important things.)
- What’s the drink you always order at Starbucks?
I switch it up a lot. I like to keep 'em guessing.
- What’s a beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
I'm not a preacher and I'm not the girliest of girls either, so the answer is, "what's a beauty rule?"
- Which way do you face in the shower?
Umm...all ways. Doesn't everyone? Who just stands in the shower? This is a weird question.
- Do you have any ‘weird’ body ‘skills’?
Wouldn't you like to know.
- What’s your favorite comfort food that’s ‘bad’ but you love to eat it anyways?
Comfort food, by its very definition, isn't bad. It's comfortable! Embrace the comfort food. Life is short.
- What’s a phrase or exclamation you always say?
I tend to refer to mean or not-so-smart people as "jerks" or "bastards". Because they are.
- Time to sleep. What are you wearing?
Shorts and a t-shirt in Summer and sweatpants and a t-shirt in Winter. Boring, I know.
- What did you used to wear that you thought was cool but now you realize it wasn’t that hot?Everything that was in my wardrobe in middle school. I was the epitome of awkward.
I'm adding a #17. I'm a sucker for the dogs. Remember how Pippi had decided to start sleeping on my purple chair? Well, it's been Pippi-fied.
I put my old mattress pad down for more padding and covered it with an old sheet and pillow cases.