Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tuesday PInspiration: Do-It-Yourself (house)

Yet again, I'm a day late on the Tuesday Inspiration post, but I figured it's ok since Monday was a holiday.

Thanks to Pinterest, I've been finding all sorts of things to make when I have my own place. I'm a big fan of decorating with unique pieces that no one else probably has....lots of colors, shapes; things other people probably would think are "crazy". I think they are fun!

Fortunately, most of the items I've found are Do-It-Yourself...and I probably will :)

Upholstered Bench by The Mother Huddle













I'm not big on flowers, but the beauty of this project is you can use whatever fabric you want and you can make it any size or shape. I'm thinking this would be a good idea for a coffee table/ottoman. Note to self: before moving out, get my own tools.


Intersecting Circles Wall Art by Two Girls Being Crafty





















It says in this tutorial that this is a knock-off of a $129 piece at World Market. Being crafty has major monetary benefits! (The colors on this one are paint chips, so...free!)


Another piece on the same blog that I just can't not post because it's so awesome is what they've named Painted Wall Art for Non-Artists

















Check out the link to see just how simple this one is!

Another one I found is actually a project by the same people, on a guest post at Everyday Mom Ideas
It's a Scrapbook Paper Tree
















I think this would be a great idea for bedroom "mood lighting".
Glittering Lightscape by apartment therapy






















I'm not sure what I'd use this for, but it's a cool idea. Yarn Pom Poms














With this one, I think I smell Christmas gifts...Tile Coasters by The Cottage Home















I'd definitely tile a bathroom with these, too. So cool!


My future refrigerator will probably have a few sets of these Sea Stone alphabet magnets, but instead of buying them for $40, I'll be making them...for much cheaper.





















Unfortunately, I don't know what the original site for these is, but I like the idea. Second-hand cutlery dipped in paint to match a color scheme.

















I'd need to research what paint won't come off in the dishwasher, and is non-toxic.

I could go on and on, but your eyes are probably glazing over. I must admit, however, that I'm feeling inspired now and I really want to go out and try to make some of these. Unfortunately I'm at work, though. I need some way to make the money to afford these materials :)


Reminder! My Blog Carnival ends on Friday. Enter your motivational posts now!!









Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It seems unfair that I have the house that needs decorating and you have the desire and no house to do whatever you want. You can come here and decorate any time you want :)

    ReplyDelete