Monday, July 4, 2011

Yay independence!

Happy birthday, USA














 
This week I'm on vacation at the beach (woop woop!). Unfortunately, the beach cottage doesn't have internet, and I'm not sure that I'll be getting out to any place that does have internet, so I've prepared a few blog posts for the week in a bit of a "getting to know you" fashion. (I know. You're totally excited, right?)

Today, I want to know the story of your worst date.












In thinking about my answer for this one, two come to mind, but one was particularly awful because it happened on Valentine's day, with someone I'd been dating for over a year.

We decided to join in on a "double date" with two other couples (so technically a triple date?), at a Japanese restaurant. As I'm sure you know, Japanese cook-the-food-in-front-of-you restaurants are supposed to be fun, and the food is pretty pricey. (And I HATE them. It's too much food, I don't like having food thrown at me, and I don't like everyone looking at me while I'm pretending to enjoy having food thrown at me).

We started off the evening already arguing about something (I don't remember what, as pretty much every event with Dude involved an argument of some sort. It had been snowing out, I had to drive (as he had had his license suspended), and I also was going to have to pay. We were both aware of this.

The restaurant was freezing and while I would have been happy to talk to everyone but Dude, he decided to continue arguing about whatever we were already arguing about, out loud, in front of our friends and the strangers on the other side of the table. Since my budget was tight, I ordered water and the cheapest meal on the menu. Dude ordered beer after beer and an expensive meal just to spite me.

It just sort of went on like this and on the drive home I got stuck in the snow and he wouldn't help me get out. I think it was this point that I just broke down in tears and he decided to sleep on the couch (probably the best idea he had all night).

Happy Frickin Valentine's Day!













What is the story of YOUR worst date?


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that guy's an asshole. Seriously, I want to punch him in the face.

    I really can't think of a good worst date story. Truthfully, I've been with my husband since I was 17 and while I'm sure we've had bad dates, none of them are standing out in my mind. I'll come back and post one later if I can think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly sounds special. I hope you dumped his sorry a$$ soon after! But, on the bright side, you have a great worst date story. I had a guy bring two friends on a first date. I also went to dinner on a date with a guy I worked with and he told everyone at work that, let's just say, there was a lot more than dinner involved. None of those compare to yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that guy deserves a gold star in the asshole hall of fame.

    My worst date? Hmmm, so many to choose from....

    I had been seeing a guy for a few months and he said he'd come to a tournament where I was competing. He never showed (or called). We went out later that night and AFTER we had ordered food, but BEFORE it came, he dumped me. I was like "Uh, I'm leaving, you can just have my chicken salad"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, most of my bad dates have been bad FIRST (and therefore last) dates. I thought long and hard, but I can't really think of an awful date I've had with a boyfriend. I want to hear about your bad first dates!

    ReplyDelete