I'd say, in all honesty, I'm afraid of plenty of things. Most of them are things I'd rather not think about, like losing a family member, being paralyzed, getting a life-threatening disease...and I'll stop there.
A few slightly less...umm...scary things I'm afraid of are:
- being confined - I get a bit freaked out about not being able to escape a situation. One time I had a boyfriend cover me in a blanket and hold me down (in a playful way) and I flipped out. Also when I donate blood, I try to make it go quick by squeezing my hand as much as possible because toward the end, having the needle in my arm gives me the same feeling.
- crowds - I guess in a way this can be the same as being confined. What I think of, though, is being in a crowd or walking into a crowded place and not finding the person/people I'm there to see or knowing anyone there.
- loud noises - The sound of emptying the dishwasher, a door slamming, or someone screaming send me into a mild panic.
And now, for your viewing pleasure, check out this Phobia List. It will seriously make you feel better about yourself and, if you're like me, some of the phobias will also make you laugh a little :)
Some of my favorites:
Coprastasophobia- Fear of constipation
- (Well, who doesn't fear that?)
Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions
- (cleverly named, no?)
Eosophobia- Fear of dawn or daylight
- (Sooo... vampires?)
Geniophobia- Fear of chins; Genuphobia- Fear of knees.
- (These can't be real.)
Papyrophobia- Fear of paper
- (An awesome excuse for not doing homework!)