This is probably a faux pas thing to post about, but I'ma do it anyway. Livin' on the edge, my friends.
I know you're not supposed to regret anything in life because you learn from every circumstance...blah blah blah. But lately I'm realizing something I never should have done, all those years ago...start dating someone who is friends with someone I'm close to (like my brother). It's true that, from every bad relationship you learn something. I've learned tons (literally) of things that I don't want in a relationship this way. The only problem with this logic is that, after you realize this person isn't "the one," their friendship with your brother is still in tact, so you still get to hear all about them AND sometimes see them, too. Yippee!
I don't mind talking to people I've dated, don't get me wrong. I've never had a breakup that resulted in hatred. It's just that I don't want to hear about random tidbits of their life (like who they're dating, have dated, or hope to date). Unfortunately, because of my circumstances, I get to hear these things all the time. I normally excuse myself and go somewhere else. The hint hasn't been taken yet. You know what's also fun? When two of them show up at a party that your brother is having.(Hi, rock. Mind if I crawl under you?)
And now...awful dating stories! (because they're just fun...only because they're in the past)
- I once was dumped by a guy because, according to him, he was moving away for the summer. We worked at the same place and he was there the whole Summer.
- I had the boyfriend with all the friends that were girls, but I couldn't talk to a guy friend without him thinking something was going on.
- There's the guy who took longer to get ready to go out than I did
- The guy who would ask me to come over and then spend all his time watching ESPN
- I had a boyfriend who would talk about "our future" and then discuss with me all the reasons why marriage and having children are a bad thing.
Any bad date stories to share?
And now, today's featured (by me) dog for adoption is Roxy
I told Jeremy and Amanda about her, and they have decided I need to adopt her or another dog named Roxy, since their dog looks really similar and is named Rocco.
She was found in the middle of a busy intersection and was taken in. I'm pretty sure I'd adopt them all if I had the money, space, time, and help.