Friday, May 6, 2011

Challenge: Day 6 - Things that make me happy







Today's challenge subject is a fun one — 6.  Pictures of things that make you happy—Are you ready for this? Cuz I am!

  • This quote that I heard yesterday:
"Behind each successful design are several not so good ones. The moment when everything works is why I keep doing it."
 ...it's so true.
  • Getting a pedicure with a friend; the whole process. It's just awesome and soothing and relaxing, and you leave with pretty toes!

  • Silly warning messages that pop up on the computer, like the one I got yesterday:
  • Retail therapy













  • Colors
I REALLY want to do this to my nails. (Don't worry, I won't).













 
  • A great workout

  • Sleeping in

  • Good hair days

  • Warm, sunny days (especially at the beach)

  • Walking through the flower section at Lowe's (which I pretty much do at least once every weekend in the Spring/Summer)













  • Someone scratching my back and/or massaging my shoulders
  • Receiving mail that isn't a bill or junk mail (usually from my mom)
  • Hugs! One thing I really miss about being in a relationship is getting a hug every day. Going home and getting all kinds of hugs from my parents and family is very therapeutic.
  • Hitting only green lights on my way home from work
  • The thought of someday becoming Auntie Em!
  •  Hearing a great song on the radio or a great movie on TV. Even if you own the song or movie, it's so much more awesome when it comes on spontaneously
  • Laughing so hard my cheeks hurt
  •  Sitting at a stoplight and realizing the person in the car next to me is listening to the same song
  • Falling asleep outside on a warm, sunny day
  • Waking up from a bad dream and realizing it's not true













      
  • Baking cookies...the smell, the taste, the ones warm right out of the oven, when they turn out perfectly delicious and fluffy
  • Getting the TV remote at the gym
  • A blanket warm from the dryer
  • The smell of dryer sheets (especially the lavender ones :) and sunscreen
  •  Receiving a random hilarious or 'good news' text or phone call
  • Someone else spontaneously having set up the coffee or cleaned any portion of the house
  • A great day spent with family and/or friends
  • One of my designs being chosen
  • Receiving something that I designed from the printer


....obviously there are about a million others, but I've officially spent way too much time on this post, so I'll leave it at that.

AND I just realized these were supposed to all be pictures. I'm just breaking the rules left and right! Three lashings with a wet noodle for me. It's alright, I can take it. I'll just have to follow this up at some point with an only pictures post. Stay tuned.




What kinds of things make you happiest?


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sleeping in? What's that? :)

    My favorite part of making cookies is eating the dough, screw that baking thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a pretty fabulous list! It was run to read through and keep thinking "me too!"

    If I had your address I'd send you fun, non-bills mail :)

    ReplyDelete