Today's challenge subject is a fun one — 6. Pictures of things that make you happy—Are you ready for this? Cuz I am!
- This quote that I heard yesterday:
"Behind each successful design are several not so good ones. The moment when everything works is why I keep doing it."
...it's so true.
- Getting a pedicure with a friend; the whole process. It's just awesome and soothing and relaxing, and you leave with pretty toes!
- Silly warning messages that pop up on the computer, like the one I got yesterday:
|I REALLY want to do this to my nails. (Don't worry, I won't).|
- A great workout
- Sleeping in
- Good hair days
- Warm, sunny days (especially at the beach)
- Walking through the flower section at Lowe's (which I pretty much do at least once every weekend in the Spring/Summer)
- Someone scratching my back and/or massaging my shoulders
- Receiving mail that isn't a bill or junk mail (usually from my mom)
- Hugs! One thing I really miss about being in a relationship is getting a hug every day. Going home and getting all kinds of hugs from my parents and family is very therapeutic.
- Hitting only green lights on my way home from work
- The thought of someday becoming Auntie Em!
- Hearing a great song on the radio or a great movie on TV. Even if you own the song or movie, it's so much more awesome when it comes on spontaneously
- Laughing so hard my cheeks hurt
- Sitting at a stoplight and realizing the person in the car next to me is listening to the same song
- Falling asleep outside on a warm, sunny day
- Baking cookies...the smell, the taste, the ones warm right out of the oven, when they turn out perfectly delicious and fluffy
- Getting the TV remote at the gym
- A blanket warm from the dryer
- The smell of dryer sheets (especially the lavender ones :) and sunscreen
- Receiving a random hilarious or 'good news' text or phone call
- Someone else spontaneously having set up the coffee or cleaned any portion of the house
- A great day spent with family and/or friends
- One of my designs being chosen
- Receiving something that I designed from the printer
....obviously there are about a million others, but I've officially spent way too much time on this post, so I'll leave it at that.
AND I just realized these were supposed to all be pictures. I'm just breaking the rules left and right! Three lashings with a wet noodle for me. It's alright, I can take it. I'll just have to follow this up at some point with an only pictures post. Stay tuned.
What kinds of things make you happiest?