Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Lumberjack with pretty feet

And the internet wins again.


















This past weekend I finally did a few things that were long overdue. For one? I got a freaking pedicure!
I never do red. So mainstream of me.



















It's probably been over a year since I've gotten one and, as with getting my hair cut, after I have it done and realize how much I needed it, I promise myself I'll do it more often. And then I don't.

Only time will tell.

The next thing I did that was long overdue has to do with a very large, ugly bush. Let's all get the giggles out of the way now. LARGE UGLY BUSH!













Ok, on to the story of said bush.

The first time I pulled up to my house (which wasn't mine yet) for an open house, my first thought was, "Holy crap, that large, ugly bush has got to go."

I mean, come on.

























I vaguely remember asking the property manager if I could remove it and her telling me I'm not allowed. And then lately there have been break-ins in my neighborhood and what better place to hide than behind the LARGE UGLY BUSH, right? My agenda was clear: chop down the bush!

And so, saw in hand...

BOOM!



















As you can see, there's still a stump there. I don't have the necessary tools to dig it out, but my brother suggested using the Jeep's 4-wheel-drive power to do it. Not surprisingly, I've already gotten an offer from a friend to do it for me...in exchange for beer. Aaaand...done.

Come spring, I plan on planting something much more aesthetically pleasing in the spot than the large, ugly bush. Suggestions welcome. Clearly, the HOA's landscaping company pretty much sucks at choosing greenery....and trimming it.

They trimmed this dude a couple months ago and left it like this.




















Now, had they trimmed the large, ugly bush like this, I would have kept it.



















I mean, who would burgle a house with this out front?

NO ONE!


2 comments:

  1. I seriously need a pedicure. Glad the bush is finally gone;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had/got? a pedicure before! I really think it's time!! And the front looks much better (and safer). No suggestions for you here, we just planted a bunch of bushes that were on sale at Home Depot :/

    ReplyDelete