Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WebEmilyD

If you're like me, whenever something is happening with your body that isn't normal, you retreat into self-diagnosis mode. You also know that one of the best and worst websites of all time is webMD.



















Going back a couple of weeks to that recurring foot issue I have during long-distance runs, as a cheapskate self-diagnoser, I did my due diligence. After much research and discussion with my PT Technician friend, I've decided I may have sesamoiditis



















I don't know that it's all related, but the pain from the bulging disc in my back always occurs on the right side of my body and I've always had foot issues with my left foot. I know. I'm a freaking genius. 

To get relief from this strange...condition, in lieu of just not running (been there, done that), I've purchased a couple of these bad boys:












The idea is to take pressure off the sesamoid bones while running. I'll be testing them out today....along with not wearing heels for a while. If this all helps, I may need to get rid of the heels forever (DARN!)


















Now that the foot mystery is diagnosed, a new issue has emerged. Two weeks ago I had two chipped teeth/fillings repaired. It was the normal process of numbing, drilling, etc. Blah blah. But ever since, I've had a consistent dull ache in my jaw and a never....ending.....headaaaaache. 

One thing that happened during the "procedure" that I didn't recognize as strange until later on is that, when the dentist did the numbing, immediately I noticed my heart started racing and I was shaking. I chalked it up to being nervous and not having enough to eat for breakfast. A couple hours later at work, I CRASHED big time. My mom told me later that sometimes when the dentist is injecting the numbing...stuff, they hit a blood vessel. And that's bad. It makes your heart race and then you crash. Well then, mystery #2 solved.

I understand now what Jason Statham went through. Except, you know, I'm not armed with weapons and handsome good looks. Oh, and his face wasn't numb.


Have you ever had a strange ailment you successfully diagnosed using the internetz? 

No comments:

Post a Comment