Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Motivations

Have you noticed? Up ^ there, my new tab, Motivations?

I've decided lately I'm in a bit of a rut and it would be nice to have some words and pictures to up my motivation. Yesterday, I found this quote

source



















and, at the risk of sounding cheesy, it helped me through that point in my workout when my brain started to go to the place of, "if I stop now, no one will care!"..except that I would later on, when that feeling of failure hits me smack in the middle of the head. I remembered this quote and focused on reaching that line between comfortable and "ugh". It's one of those things you don't understand in the moment, but later on you just feel so accomplished knowing you pushed through. And it was awesome.

I even decided that, this weekend, I WILL run! It will probably only be two miles, but you have to (re)start somewhere!

 I also found another favorite, to motivate me through work today

source


















"Beautiful" may be going a tad overboard, but there's always the thinking of, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." I have no idea who to attribute that quote to, but I've heard it so many times it must be true. Although, stars are prettier than the moon. What happens if I shoot for the stars and miss?

Anyhow, happy hump day! Any current motivations to share?



Also, guys, I've had seven followers for like, well...ever. I appreciate the time you all take to come watch me ramble and sputter out words. Do me a favor? Talk me up? ;-)


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing out the motivations tab. I probably wouldn't have caught it for awhile.

    I love graphically designed quotes. Some of my most favorite are on quotable cards. You can google it, or just go to their website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite running motivation (usually when I'm at the end of a long run) is "Pain in temporary, but quitting is forever". Also, it helps to remind myself that no one gets faster/stronger/more flexible by doing the same thing every day, sometimes you have to push it to see a change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea to share motivations regularly like this. I love it! Those are two great quotes too. All we can do is try our best and give our all.

    ReplyDelete