Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A good day to work from home















Today President Obama is making a speech on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus. This is where I work. Because my boss is awesome, she gave us the choice of working off-site for the day. I, of course, jumped at the chance and I am writing this from the comfort of my dining room, in my running clothes, having not showered yet.

Apparently my boss didn't take her own advice, and is currently at work. We just received this email from her:
OK, you all can thank me later for your option to work off-site today – things are crazy here! ... There are cops everywhere, and the line of students waiting to get into Carmichael is wrapped all the way around our building past the law school. And it’s more than three hours before the speech begins!


I’ll keep you posted on all the fun….

I bring "the fun".



















OH, but there's more. After his speech, he's being interviewed by Jimmy Fallon for his show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. This will also take place on campus.

I am so glad I'm not in Chapel Hill right now. Not that I wouldn't want to see the president speak, but it's nice knowing I can do that from the computer I'm typing this post on instead of battling crowds of starstruck students.

Announcement #2:

I added a bunch of new Noodle Hugger and collar designs to the shop yesterday. Go check 'em out!


Make your pup patriotic.













Did someone say olives?











I've recently added a bulk order option for Noodle Huggers. If you are interested in buying a large quantity for a group, team, or any other purpose, let me know!

Bulk rates pricing:
quantity     price/piece
20-29          $4.65
30-39          $4.50
40-49          $4.25
50+              $4.00

Shipping for bulk orders is $6.
(Please allows two weeks for production and shipping).



Would you rather fight the crowds to see the president speak in person or watch from home?


12 comments:

  1. I love America more than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely from home! I have a low tolerance for standing in lines and sitting in traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of you right now. There is basically nothing I would rather do in person if doing it from home is an option. I love being home so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen 3 presidents so far but I'm not sure I'd fight crowds for anything.
    Tell me that patriotic one comes in a noodle hugger. I need it!
    Love the UNC campus! Love the UNC track even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white stars on red certainly does come as a Noodle Hugger!

      http://www.etsy.com/listing/98255182/noodle-hugger-non-slip-ribbon-headband

      Delete
  5. from home - I haaaaate crowds! Also, you inspired me to work from home today too. (aka ditch class)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't even bring myself to stand in a line to see Hunger Games opening night...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd skip work completely and try to go see Obama. Where's your patriotism?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have stayed home and if it were a President worth seeing I might have tried to go, but I really hate lines

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might have tried to go, but typically I would rather avoid crowds whenever possible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You didn't have a neither option! I'd much rather watch Buffy than watch the President, I guess I'm un-American.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Work at home opportunity, Online Business opportunity (10370)
    Earn $500 to $1000 per month. Working Just 1 to 2 HRS/DAY.
    Earn money through internet, Online ad posting jobs.
    * NO TARGET - NO SELLING - NO MARKETING - NO TIME LIMIT - NO RENEWAL FEES.
    * NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED, GUARANTEED MONTHLY INCOME.
    * 24 - HOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT. FULL TRAINING PROVIDED.
    For more detail visit: http://www.jobzinn.com

    ReplyDelete