Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saved by the Nutrition Info.

This upcoming Thursday, I'll be heading to the Outer Banks to spend four days with a couple friends from college, along with a few people I haven't previously met. It's a little early in the season for the beach to be warm and inviting, but the house we're staying at has a hot tub (Score!!) Really, I'm excited to get way, spend time with people I haven't seen in forever, and just relax and have fun. The fact still remains, though...I'll be putting on a bathing suit for the first time this season.
Dun dun dunnn...













And, because I'm trying to be good about what I shove into my mouth, naturally all I want to eat lately is cookies, cupcakes, and all other things in these categories. But I haven't. I've had iron-clad willpower, even though sugary treats are all I can really think about.

Yesterday morning I got coffee at Starbucks and noticed they have a whole new line of treats: Starbucks Petites.
A few of the delicious-looking examples
And they are, in fact, "petite". For me these would all be maybe four bites, unless I was dared to eat one in one bite, in which case I can't back down from a challenge, and I could easily do it.

I was thinking that maybe I'd try one later on. I mean, how bad could they be? I'd certainly eat a mini peanut butter cupcake and it wouldn't make me feel guilty, right? 
But then I looked online to see what all they had, and the nutrition information made me gag a little.
(WARNING: If you don't want to know, quit reading now)




Almost 200 calories and 10 grams of fat in ONE MINI CUPCAKE!?

No thanks!!

Dear Starbucks: stick with coffee.




2 comments:

  1. I had a pink cake pop from Starbucks yesterday. It was glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they made them so that they each had 100 calories, one would feel better about eating them. That is the theory behind the 100 calorie packs of bad stuff right? Only problem is that 4 packs later, you are finally satisfied, at the 400 calorie mark....

    ReplyDelete